[AT] Arc Welding ?

Matthew matthewx at dogod.com
Thu Nov 11 11:42:56 PST 2004

I picked up one of the auto darkening hemlets at the local welding supply
house for $99.  He knocked $25 off of the sticker price for me.  I see they
have two of them at HF, the solar powered one and what I am assuming is a
battery powered one for $59 and $59.  I was going to get one of the HF ones
but the guy let me try the one I bought and knocked a few bucks off.  I am
a sucker for a good local shop.  That being said, I might pick up another
one at HF as the SO lieks to play with the stick welder and I kind of got
the "good" one for her.  They also have a good return policy.

If you have not used one of the auto darkening hemlets they are a trip.
At first it is sort of a disco light show, every little spark darkens the
thing, but once you get the hang of it, you wonder how you ever worked
without one.

--Matthew