[AT] Back (D Case stuck)

ken knierim wild1 at cpe-66-1-196-61.az.sprintbbd.net
Thu Nov 11 11:31:17 PST 2004

Farmer: Glad you decided to stick around. I appreciate your
contributions and hope you stick to your guns (figuratively).

And you're right... this is a tractor list. Sooo....

I was working on one of my Case tractors this weekend. The engine had
set up SOLID. Normally you expect this on tractors that sit awhile but
this sat from Wednesday to Sunday... then I couldn't PRY the engine over
(I shut it down Wednesday night by shutting the fuel off and letting it
run until the carb went dry. And it was cool and had oil pressure...)

Not sure what it was. Finally by rocking it back and forth the engine
would NOT move at all so I just put a cheater bar on the ratchet and it
finally moved. Once it popped loose it rolled over just like nothing
happened. Fired right up and ran good, no funny noises, etc.

In case you're wondering, I tried the clutch (turned the transmission
shafts with the PTO) and pulled all the plugs. Nothing in the cylinders.
Just the engine stuck solid. I'm wondering if the starter pushed the
crank back and bound it up somehow, but I'm still mystified...

Tractor: Case DV, 1951.

Any ideers?

Ken Knierim

Gilbert Arizona