[AT] Shop heating

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 17:45:20 PST 2004

--- Spencer Yost <yostsw at atis.net> wrote:

> I cranked up the shop's Seigler oil stove tonight
> for the first time this
> season.  36 degrees and falling outside but it is a
> comfy 62 inside.

Spencer, I do like it toasty/comfy when I get to spend
a day in my shop.  We have both a crawl-space furnace
(mounted from the ceiling) to get things started, and
a wood stove to keep it warm.  We just like the heat
and "ambiance" (big word :->) of a wood fire better
but the stove is a little small for the shop.  Both
were seconds and so cost very little when purchased
many years ago.  If I were to build new today I would
definetly go with floor heat, MUCH nicer on the feet,
generaly very comfortable, and real cheeeeeap to
operate.
Still, would have to have a stove to sit around and
have a cup of hot chocolate, ya know?  Just wouldn't
be quite right otherwise.
Oh, not really a 'by the way' but, nice stove you have
there.  From the 50's ?
Keep up the fine work you do for us,

=====
Dave Myers
Paw Paw, Michigan

Being crazy just helps me keep my sanity!