[Farmall] White Super MTA

Larry L Hardesty hardestyll at unk.edu
Mon Nov 8 11:20:10 PST 2004

A few years ago I toured with an Classic Tractor group the Case-IH tractor
plant in Doncaster, England.  They said they had even painted a tractor
plaid once.  You can imagine how much masking was involved.

Larry Hardesty
Kearney, Nebraska

"Mike Schmudlach" <mschmudlach at charter.net>
Sent by: farmall-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
11/08/2004 10:15 AM
Please respond to
Farmall/IHC mailing list <farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com>

cc

Subject
Re: [Farmall] White Super MTA

The tractor could of been PAINTED WHITE BY THE FACTORY.  IH would paint
any
color you wanted if you paid enough or ordered enough tractors.    Of
course
this tractor would not of been   part of the 1950 Demo program.  Wrong
year
and wrong model.  I can show you a lot of examples of White IH tractors
that
were painted at the factory.  What everyone gets goofed up on is they
think
they are "White Demos" and they are not.
Never ever say "IH didn't do........such and such"  because they probably
did.   There are a lot of tractors that were painted Red and white for a
dealer in Missouri, they were Supers.

IH also painted tractors red, blue, yellow, orange, gold, white, black and
red, red and white .......and the list goes on.

I know this doesn't clear up a thing but Al could have it nailed on the
head
that an IH dealer ordered a white tractor to demonstrate with.  He
probably
did well with a "White demonstrator" 4 years before and thought it would
work well again promoting the Super MTA.

Mike