[AT] OT bore scope

jfgrant jfgrant at triton.net
Sun Nov 7 17:05:23 PST 2004

Gary, being a "part time gunsmith" for some 35 years I would make the
following subjections. Unless you really want to see in great detail a lot
of barrels there are other methods of inspecting barrels/bores. The expense
of a real bore scope is quite expensive as you have discovered. If you are
wanting to look a muzzleloading barrels there are different caliber mirrors
that are designed to drop down the bore with some having a small
light/batteries to illuminate the bore for inspection and are MUCH cheaper.
If you need to look at breechloaders there are similar devises at much
reduced cost. Good sources to check with are Brownells in Iowa, Sinclair
Shooters Supply in Indiana or find a copy of Precision Shooting magazine
which has many ad's for such items. If you like contact me off line and I
will try to assist more. Regards,  John Grant