[AT] Tractor lighting puzzler

Doug Tallman dtallman at accnorwalk.com
Sun Nov 7 15:26:58 PST 2004

>the fender--which cleared up the problem..       The puzzler to me
>is--before I grounded the right fender why did BOTH lights on the right
>fender come on (very dim) even with the switch energizing only one circuit
>(high or low beam)??????????????        Electricity always has been a
>"challenge" to this old guy!    John

John, my guess would be that since the bulbs shared a common ground, The
electricity was going backwards through the second bulb, back through the
switch and seeking ground on the other side. I'd think that when both bulbs
were on, on the good side, the bad side would have been barely or non
existant. At that point whatever ground they had was what would light them.
They couldn't gain any ground from the other circuit.

           Doug Tallman
           dtallman at accnorwalk.com
           VGTCOA Ohio Regional Director
               Greenwich, OH USA