[AT] crops

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Sat Nov 6 19:23:09 PST 2004

    Ralph;
    Thanks for sharing your crop information and sorry for the damage from the
early frot.
    Here in Ohio, we basically had 2 spring planting seasons. The early season
was late April and the second was mid June with almost 10 inches of rain between
them. Seems to be the pattern the last few years. Most of the early planting
fared well except for a lot of low spots drowned out to be replanted in June.
Most of the corn fared well, but a lot of the late planted soybeans were damaged
by an earlier than normal frost. Our winter wheat this past summer fared
exceptionally well with ideal harvest weather. Many reports of 90 bushel per
acre on wheat.
    Fall harvest has been stop and go with the rains. Had another 2 inches this
week. Around my area, most of the harvest is complete, but the area east of us
are just now getting a good start because of the later planting conditions and
fall rains. Looks like we will be going into winter with good subsoil moisture.
    Question?? Is the baled linola used for feed, bedding or is there a market
for it?

                            Gene