[AT] Semi OT plowing

Mattias Kessén Mattias.kessen at telia.com
Sat Nov 6 01:02:12 PST 2004

  O.K. Now I got some more time so here is a fast short translation of the article in Norrköpings tidningar(Newspapers)

2004-11-04  kl 09:35
GRYT

 Yesterday a plowing demonstration took place at Målma farm in Gryt (a village in the archepelaggio). In focus was a new product a front mounted plow. One plow in front and one at the rear, a so called push and pull combination is something that testing department at Överums Bruk(factories) believe in.
The last six a months 15 plows has been on testing at farms in sweden and the rest of the Nordic countries. The companies wishes to see how well it works and if there are any "childdiseases". The company representant says that soon will production start. While he talked in favor of his product and said "What would be better for a swedish product than an anglosaxian expression like push and pull combination"

Anyway the invited farmers had comments like "It sure is good, but expensive." It's most likely to be used at the great plains in the counties of östergötland(where I live), Västergötland and Skåne. The price for a two or three bottom plow will be somewhere between
15 000 and 20 000 Dollars.
when qustioned about what's best with it the representative said:
-First you get a much better use of the tractor at the same time as you get more flexibility. When it's wet the front plow can work as a frontweight. At hills you can use both plows downwards and only the rear one upwards. It's all about maximum number of bottoms for every situation.
-It very smooth to plow with the push and pull combination. The frontplow weighs 1 ton (ca. 2000pounds) as much weight as we usually have at the front, said farmer Johan Magnusson.

O.K. i shorted the article quite a bit but it seemed like most of the attenders were positive.

/Mattias