[AT] What are you folks thinking?

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Thu Nov 4 06:26:15 PST 2004

>         I'm not sure how this is going to play out... I'm going to miss
>the list. Maybe someday I will get back to it but I'm too angry now.
>Actually as a middle of the road person I was pretty ambivalent about the
>election itself. I just can't grasp how a bunch of otherwise friendly guys

>can be so infantile and completely lacking in self control. I sometimes
>wonder if they walk down the street insulting strangers...
>         This list was the first list I joined when I first got on the net

>back in the mid 1990's.  If I could I would apologize to you for how they
>act but of course I can't. I do believe they owe you and the list an
>apology. I do apologize for my own anger and I want to wish you and yours

The sad part is he is right, and this is probably the 20th or 30th letter I
have received over the last 2-3 years, mostly from important
contributors(and countless other left with writing).  I could almost paper
one wall of my shop with them.

You folks post messages like "What ever happened to Old John( , or Bob, or
whoever)?"  I'll tell you what happened to old John or Bob, or whoever - he
wrote me an email saying he couldn't be a part of a bunch of people who A:
Have developed a mean bone, or B: A lack of tolerance, or C:  Don't
understand the "No politics or religion rule" applies to them.  They are
right just like the individual above is right  An occasional post that is
horribly mean and vindicative occasionally shows up.  This is something hat
would have never happened more than 2 or 3 years ago.  Occasionally this
list appears to act like kids.  Give you one simple rule and you show no
self-control, discipline or sense of obligation.

Ordinarily I don't mention it when someone leaves but this is a big fish we
are losing and I am VERY angry right now - This is one of our more
important contributors and a most kind and gracious individual.  Thanks for
running off yet another important list member.  It really is a loss for
each of us individually as much as it is a loss for the the body corporate.

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!
http://www.atis.net