[AT] 6-volt distrubtor ignition

Bigdog dbigdog at columbus.rr.com
Wed Nov 3 19:10:56 PST 2004

Kyle,
    Try cleaning and re-gapping the points.  They may be glazed over.  The current path for the coil primary would from the battery to the switch to the coil to the points to ground.  If you clean & gap points, crank the engine over with the coil secondary wire positioned close to the tractor frame.  If you have a spark there, the problem has to be in the cap / rotor area.  If you got a spark when you shorted the points it sure looks like the points are not making the circuit - either burned or glazed.

Bigdog