SV: gas $ (was Re: SV: Re[2]: [AT] NC Trailer regulations

HaliganBar at aol.com HaliganBar at aol.com
Wed Nov 3 08:01:21 PST 2004

In a message dated 11/3/04 8:21:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mikesloane at verizon.net writes:

<< Kessen Mattias (Road SE) wrote:

 > So diesel is more expensive, strange.
 Yes, more than strange, since diesel is much lower on the refining
 process than gasoline/petrol and should be a lot less expensive. I am
 sure that it is killing the railroads and long haul trucking industry. I
 have not heard one industry "spokesman" give any reason for the
 disparity, but I have heard speculation that the oil industry was
 keeping the price of gasoline down until after the election, in order
 not to have it hurt their friend Mr. Bush at the polls. We shall see.

 Mike >>

I figured the diesel prices were bad because heating oil is "stupid
expensive" now. The dealer we get our heating oil from usually has a big sign in the
window showing the current price. Two weeks ago it hit $1.89/gallon and now he's
removed the sign. The fuel that we get is dyed #2 diesel (sez so right on the
delivery ticket) and I'm prepaid for $1.34/gal. or whatever the maket price
is if the price drops below $1.34.

I figured with heating oil prices so high (it's supposed to be a long cold
winter you know)it gave them the perfect excuse to drive up the diesel prices
too. Besides we don't want everyone running the cheaper dyed stuff in their
vehicles.

Sorry about the rant...I'll stop now................looks like I picked the
wrong week to stop taking my Prozac ;-)

Karl