SV: gas $ (was Re: SV: Re[2]: [AT] NC Trailer regulations

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Nov 3 05:07:05 PST 2004

Kessen Mattias (Road SE) wrote:

> So diesel is more expensive, strange.
Yes, more than strange, since diesel is much lower on the refining
process than gasoline/petrol and should be a lot less expensive. I am
sure that it is killing the railroads and long haul trucking industry. I
have not heard one industry "spokesman" give any reason for the
disparity, but I have heard speculation that the oil industry was
keeping the price of gasoline down until after the election, in order
not to have it hurt their friend Mr. Bush at the polls. We shall see.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and
groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, more vengeance, more
desolation. War is hell. -William Tecumseh Sherman, Union General in the
American Civil War (1820-1891)