[AT] OT: Firey End to My Car

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Tue Nov 2 08:11:16 PST 2004

In a message dated 11/2/2004 7:42:15 AM Pacific  Standard Time,
alfg at sasktel.net writes:
I think that website was something  like flamingfords.com

I  tried that site not what you want but here is one on the Ford Pinto gas
tank  fire.
The young man was my Cousin Dick Kennedy he actually got the 1.5  million
because his wife died in the accident, he was thrown clear of the car  and had
only burns on part of his body he came out of it pretty good but lost a  lot of
the money when he loaned it to an uncle for some scheme of his that fell
though.
He died last year of Lung cancer the first of us 22 cousins to die  that hurt
me real bad it just shows that you can't live forever as we thought.

----------------------------
On June 9, 1978, Ford Motor Company  agreed to recall 1.5 million Ford Pinto
and 30,000 Mercury Bobcat sedan and  hatchback models for fuel tank design
defects which made the vehicles  susceptible to fire in the event of a
moderate-speed rear end collision. The  action was the result of investigations by the
National Highway Traffic Safety  Administration's Office of Defect
Investigations (Case #C7-38), sparked by a  petition from Center for Auto Safety,
publicity generated by national  publication expose of the hazard (Mother Jones News
Magazine, "Pinto Madness" by  Mark Dowie, Sept/Oct, 1977) and publicity over
the largest punitive damages  awarded by a California jury to a young man who
had been severely injured in a  Pinto fuel tank fire (Grimshaw v  Ford).
http://www.autosafety.org/article.php?did=522&scid=96

Walt  Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361