[AT] OT: Firey End to My Car

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Tue Nov 2 03:37:40 PST 2004

We had an 89 Mercury that did this.  the problem was in the ignition  switch
under the dash.  Ford sent an "engineer" out to look at it.  He  would not
tell us a thing, and took 4 pictures of the switch under the  dash.  (what was
left of it).  the insurance company paid us and let  ius kleep it for $1000
less...   It only had 60K miles.  this was  in 95.......  Ford eventually said
that it was a faulty switch, but not the  switch that they were liable
for.............. It burned in a parking garage at  a hospital...

My wife has a friend that had same thing happen and it burned down the
house.

there are some websites on this.  I think they are called firey fords  or
something like that.....

Cecil in OKla