[AT] A part for my JD 2010

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Mon Nov 1 16:32:34 PST 2004

Cecil:

This is standard excellent service from your JD Dealer. This is known at the
dealer as "Nationwide Dealer Search".  If they don't have the part, the JD
regional warehouses don't have it or the part has been discontinued, then a
JD dealer can do a search of all JD dealers in the US to see if anyone has
it in their inventory. Lot's of old NOS parts that JD no longer sells can be
found this way. Some JD dealers don't like to offer this service because
they do not get any direct profit from the referred sale. But IMHO a dealer
that does this for me gets many points which will result in more follow on
business.

Another service that JD offers is for out of dealer inventory stock but in
regional warehouse stock, delivery in 24 hours. However, the dealers pay
extra for the overnight freight and sometimes pass it on to the customer. A
way to get around this is to tell the dealer to just order it under his
normal weekly stocking order. Then it will take a week to get it but there
won't be airfreight charges. Some dealers go so far as offer a discount for
orders that are allowed to be entered with their normal stocking order.

99% of the time we antique tractor people don't need overnight delivery.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com