[AT] OT - JD STX38 fuel problems, now spiders

Herbert Metz metz-h.b at mindspring.com
Tue May 18 07:39:48 PDT 2004

Carl & Others,
Your spider reminded me of our recent situation.    A medium size spider
crawled into the door of the microwave (between the glasses; glass on
outside and clear plastic on inside).    Anyhow, we can see him running
around; microwave off or on.   The only place he could have entered was
small clearance slots for the two door hinges.   We expected him to crawl
back out most any time, but after two weeks we became concerned about his
dying in there.    A vacuum was to no avail.   I was preparing to remove the
door so I could disassemble when I noticed he was curled in a ball by the
lower clearance slot.   I reached in with a small screwdriver (without
scaring him) and flicked him out; what luck.   He landed on the floor, and
took off.
Herb