[AT] Could someone look at a tractor for me in Louisville KY area?

Rick Weaver weaver at midsouth.rr.com
Mon May 24 18:26:10 PDT 2004

George,

Well, I bought the tractor.  However, the trailer jackknifed on the way back
and Jeep is now in the shop for $10K of repairs.  I'm the next worse off
with a big bump on head, a bruise on my back, a very sprained wrist and
lacerations in various spots.  I was sleeping in the back of the jeep and
all the cargo attacked me.  Sarah was driving and only had a couple of
bruises, is sore now, and actually just broke a fingernail.  Lots of laughs
about that... ;-)

Trailer is probably totaled, but the tractor stayed on the trailer through
it all, but shredded the straps at the last impact.  Only had a little
scratch on one wheel.

So I'm recuperating, trailerless, with the Jeep being repaired.

The first fergy is still unrestored because it is in use all the time at
Sarah's sisters' (mowing - they have 5 acres).  Now that there are two, one
can be restored while the other is on duty.  We'll probably restore the 35
first.  It smokes a bit and the 2nd stage of the clutch doesn't work (PTO
and lift are always on).

Still can see the original green and grey paint below all the other paint
jobs, though.

Rick