[AT] JD 70D

Michael Miller sweetcorn70 at hotmail.com
Thu May 20 19:59:43 PDT 2004

Dang Hotmail, it didn't send it the first time...

I hate to ask those "whats it worth" questions, but I am looking at a 70D.
Pony motor doesn't run.  Has rollomatic, powrtrol, PS, hydraulics, no
fenders.  Runs good other than the pony.

Never thought I'd buy a deere other than a 4010/4020 but I sure could use a
3 pt around here.  Plus its bigger than current "big" tractor and we can
always use MORE POWER.

He rates it a 6-7 on a scale of 1-10.  Whats it going to take to fix that
blasted pony?  I've heard they are a real bear to fix.   How much would it
take to just convert it over to electric start?  Can the pump be turned up
any and if so, will the rear end handle it?

Any particular things to look at on it?

Is the 70 a better tractor than a Farmall M?  If I get the 70 the M will
have to leave.

Mike