[AT] OT - JD STX38 fuel problems

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Thu May 20 17:19:14 PDT 2004

Mike:

Have you performed the tests I suggested to isolate the gas flow problem to
be on the filter side or the carburetor side? It's a simple test that would
lead you to the specific problem w/o doing anything else. After reading some
of the additional posts I would now guess the problem is the NAPA filter.
With what little a JD OEM gas filter costs, I would replace the NAPA filter
with a new OEM JD gas filter - AM107314 - $2.35 at your JD Dealer. Worst
case it doesn't solve the problem but that will help isolate the REAL
problem. Having a spare fuel filter handy is a good thing anyway

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

What people can dream, people can do! George W. Bush

www.deerelegacy.com