[AT] OT - JD STX38 fuel problems

Mike S Meulenberg msm10301 at juno.com
Mon May 17 20:35:56 PDT 2004

Hi All,
I recently bought a little JD STX38 to cut my lawn. I have a problem with
it running out of fuel in the fuel line even though the tank is full. I
replaced the fuel filter after I bought the tractor, and after that it
would run out of fuel after 5-10 minutes of mowing. I thought I solved
the problem by filling the filter with fuel, thinking it was like a vapor
lock. I mowed a couple times after that with no trouble. Now tonight the
problem reared it's head again. The filter is dry as can be, and the gas
only dribbles into the filter. Any thoughts as to what might be going on
would be appreciated.

Regards,
Mike