[AT] health status

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Mon May 17 21:48:17 PDT 2004

John:

Thanks for thinking of us. My son hasn't heard back as to whether they got
it all or whether or not the Lymph system is involved. I don't understand
why it is taking so long. All delay is bad.

My wife is recovering nicely. Was into the heart DR today. Changed her blood
pressure medicine and added a water reduction medication. Now there is some
doubt whether she really had a stroke or it was a severe Migraine. No new
brain damage was detected on the Cat Scan. However, the previous stroke
damage was still visible in this Cat Scan. Probably won't know more until
the Neurologist does his analysis and that appointment isn't until two weeks
from now.  All is pretty calm right now but... She is still thinking of
making our trip to IA in June. That is good. I am making backup plans now to
put her on a plane if necessary. It looks like it might be wise to cut our
trip short and not stay for 4 weeks as we had originally planned. Everything
is a bit up in the air right now.

I am not a medical DR but having been around this issue a bit I'm beginning
to believe this wasn't a stroke either. In retrospect too many of the
symptoms were closer to a severe Migraine than a real stroke. Maybe that is
just me in wishful thinking mode. I also suspect there is a very fine and
grey line between the two.

Taking it a day at a time.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

What people can dream, people can do! George W. Bush

www.deerelegacy.com