[AT] OT - JD STX38 fuel problems

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Mon May 17 21:01:44 PDT 2004

Mike:

There is a possibility that there is some junk in the tank that is partially
blocking the fuel line prior to the filter. One way to check this out is to
blow air pressure backwards through the fuel line towards the tank prior to
the fuel filter. That will clean it out temporarily but if you have junk in
the tank it will eventually plug again. But if blowing the line clean
changes how long it runs then you have a pretty good indicator you have a
dirty gas tank. Could be a plugged cap as John mentions or could be a
collapsed or crimped fuel line, but I'm betting on junk in the tank.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

What people can dream, people can do! George W. Bush

www.deerelegacy.com