[AT] Old iron-what to do

K7jdj at aol.com K7jdj at aol.com
Thu May 13 14:11:55 PDT 2004

I have a very old "Wicks Bros. of Saginaw Mich." lathe that needs to go.
This thing is
BIG and heavy (2 tons plus or minus).  It needs some TLC to make it
operational.

I am about to haul it to the scrap man but wonder if there is anyone that is
interested in
BIG old machinery.  I bought it several years ago for $250 but finally
realize I have way
to many projects.  I also need the space.  I thought about just saving the
"base" as
it would be great for a newer import machine.  This thing is about 7 feet
long but only
has about 2 foot of useable space between centers and 18-20 inch swing.
No chuck and missing the tail piece center, otherwise "ran when parked."  It
has three speeds or steps in the pulley for power provided by an overhead line
shaft.  I will be moving it out of the shop in the next few days so if you
know of anyone interested have them give me a call or email.

Thanks,

Gary
Renton, WA.  (near Seattle)

253-631-8199