[AT] Question OT

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Thu May 13 15:32:46 PDT 2004

To follow up on the 7.3 Diesel recommendation, I went a bit out of my way to
get the 7.3 vs. the 6.0 engine on my 2003 model F250. I have not regretted
it as I have not had an ounce of trouble in 16,000 miles including a R/T to
Moline, IL pulling heavy loads both ways.

However, I have heard that Ford seems to have the bugs worked out on the 6.0
now. It has a little better torque and slightly better fuel mileage than the
6.0L.  I do question however, whether an engine that is turning over 1,000
higher RPM is going to last as long. Haven't heard from those who have put
on high mileage already.

The biggest problem is the Ford doesn't sell the 7.3 engine any more on
their new trucks. So you may have to do some hunting to find a new truck
that has a 7.3L engine. If I remember right the 6.0L wasn't available for
the new 2004's.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

What people can dream, people can do! George W. Bush

www.deerelegacy.com