[AT] Need drill press price idea...

Robinson robinson at svs.net
Wed May 12 07:01:04 PDT 2004

	OK guys, get your brains ready... I am looking for a price
idea on an item I want to take to the Portland swap meet to
sell. I have absolutely no idea of it's value. Most stuff I
have a pretty good feel for the price.
	It is a combination floor drill press and grinder. After I
got it I happened to see a picture of a Ford accessory
called a PTO drill press which bolted directly on the PTO
just like the belt pulley or std. PTO adapter. I instantly
recognized it as being just like the head on this drill
press. I believe it was a Sherman item. The head bolts on to
the upper frame and looks like it could be just unbolted and
mounted right on the tractor. It uses a longish lever out
the front to raise and lower the bit. It uses taper shank
drills or could have a chuck mounted on one of those simple
little adapters that is Morse taper on one end and the chuck
taper (I forget the name of it at the moment) on the other.
For the life of me I can't see it being very handy mounted
down there on the back of the tractor with the exhaust
blowing in your face but there has to be a good number of
serious collectors looking for one. I do understand they
came with a deflector for the tractor mounted unit. This one
came from an "old" Ford dealer. This one runs good but the
floor base has been broken and welded. I forget also where I
saw the picture of one in an old Ford ad but I think it was
on the web somewhere. If anybody knows of one of those
pictures please send me the URL.
	I just don't have a clue about the price. I would Ebay it
but it would be a super bear to ship it. I just feel that
there has to be serious Ford collectors looking for these.
Thanks.

--

"farmer"

My latest list "No Nonsense Horse" (includes donkeys & mules).

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson at svs.net