[AT] JD 730D Live PTO clutch oil

Brett Phillips bphillip at shentel.net
Fri May 7 05:58:11 PDT 2004

Howard:

That's a common problem with the 2-cylinder JD's that have Live PTO.  I
think most folks just keep changing oil, since it is a lot of work to
replace that seal.  I believe that the entire rockshaft housing (everything
behind the operators floorboard) has to come off to replace the seal, since
it presses into the housing from the back side.  I just change the oil in
the PTO once a year and forget about it.

Brett Phillips
1959 JD 630
NW VA