[AT] Tractor Scam Part II

Dave Ernst dadadidi at cccomm.net
Fri May 7 05:27:34 PDT 2004

After several more emails demanding a phone number, I gave him the dedicated
fax line number.  Last night it began ringing so I answered it.  Me being
about half deaf and unable to understand foreign accents, I let the wife do
the talking.
These guys are pretty cagy.  Ever heard of a "transferred call"?  The woman
whom made the call was somewhere sitting at a computer, reading over the
phone what she read on her monitor screen.  At one point they (the scammer
and woman) lost their internet connection, so she hung up only to call back
later.  They must use something like instant messaging or ICQ to further
distance themselves for protection against tracing their calls.
So, now I await part III,....the checks in the mail.....

Dave