[AT] Non-permanent Antifreeze???

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Thu May 6 16:48:36 PDT 2004

Dudley,

I have exactly the opposite opinion, and here's why...  Each time the
radiator is filled, the water is filled to the limit with dissolved oxygen
to corrode the radiator and a good supply of dissolved minerals to leave
deposits behind after it is brought up to temperature.  That's why operators
of big stationary boilers get nervous about small leaks... the necessary
fresh makeup water is more harmful than the "dead" water that has been used
for a while and had the junk cooked out of it.

Oh... and I hope nobody was fooled by Dean's claim to not know about the
days before permanent anti-freeze???  He's much older than permanent
anti-freeze!  :-)

George Willer