[AT] oil filter cross reference

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Thu May 6 13:18:31 PDT 2004

> Cecil,
> Did you try Baldwin Filters website?
> http://www.baldwinfilter.com/
>
> Phil

	Yes, Phil, I tried the Baldwin website but could not find a
way to cross any other filter number with a current Baldwin number
so I gave up.  Besides, I don't know of anyone local who carries
Baldwin filters anyhow.

	I also wrote to Lenz and asked about their filter as it was
not listed as available on their web site. They answered saying it
was in stock at $13.20 for the large filter. Funny it was in stock
but not listed on the web site.

	FWIW, I went to the local truck and heavy equipment parts
supply this morning and came away with two Fram filters that fit
this machine. Total was $14.03 for both filters. They had no trouble
with the old Fram filter and had 35 in stock. They also had no problem
crossing the Lenz filter with a current Fram.

	So, I am all set for now. It sure ended the chatter in the
hydraulic system. The two filters had been in there so long I broke
a filter wrench on the large one. Then used a chain wrench without
success as it collapsed part of the filter. Finally used a strap
wrench and 3/4" drive wrench on it and a heavy rubber hammer to get
it to move. I would say the former owner of this JD skidsteer never
changed these filters as he was unable to get them loose. Persistence
pays.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson