[AT] JD 730D Live PTO clutch oil

Wayne Snelling wsnelling at southplainscollege.edu
Thu May 6 08:23:06 PDT 2004

I think the best oil is the multi purpose hyd fluid that we use in the
hyds and trannys of all our tractors. The oil produce, if you get the
better brands is so good for our older tractors they just thrive on it.
Re a SMTA, I have a friend that has one that the TA would not engage or
if it did would not disengage to well. I told him to drain the oil, put
in a good grade of hyd oil drive it  around for an hour or so (until he
was tired of driving it without real work involved) and as he did so to
continually engege/disengage the TA. At the end I told him to drain the
oil, replace, and try it again if the TA was still tricky. Well, before
the first session the TA began working just fine-really liked the hyd
oil, and has been fine since. I had the same experience on one of mine
and the same results.
I say all this to say use the newer oils that are made for trannys and
hyd systems, they are so much better, in my opinion and that is worth
maybe $ 0.02.

Wayne