[AT] JD 730D Live PTO clutch oil

Dudley Rupert drupert at premier1.net
Wed May 5 21:34:19 PDT 2004

Interesting -- I just (well actually it was last week) drained the oil in
the live PTO on my Farmall SMTA.  The SMTA Operators Manual likewise calls
for 10 wt oil for the LPTO.  I tried NAPA and a couple of the auto parts
stores that are local to the Pacific Northwest and none of them had 10 wt
oil and none acted like they could or wanted to try and get it when I only
needed 2 qts.  I finally put 5-20 wt in it -- don't know if that was the
right thing to do or not.

Just a guess on my part but maybe Howard is asking this question because he
can't get just a few qts of 10 wt either =

Dudley
Snohomish, Washington