[AT] OT: Acceleration defined

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Wed May 5 07:31:42 PDT 2004

Dudley,
   I am a sound sleeper and nothing wakes me up but that Saturn 5 rocket test
sure did the whole house shook I think we had a straight shot right to the
test stand so the noise was more than most people got. This thing has so much
power that it had to be fired upside down to keep it from taking off. They had
no way to bolt it down.
  One great story about Areojet Corp. was a few years later when they were
testing a smaller rocket and it broke loose and took off landing some 10 miles
away in the other rocket test area of a competing comapny that I can't remember
the name of (I think it was Boeing)
The other company sent a telegram to them it read: "Any more of this
agressive action and we will retaliate."

Most of my family worked at Areojet at one time or another they worked 12 hrs
7 days a week good money but I just couldn't see that much work and no
playtime.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361