[AT] OT: dually conversions for tractor hauler

Jim Hoffman jslash at execpc.com
Tue May 4 11:45:55 PDT 2004

Charlie/Phil,

  I forgot to mention that option as well  :)

How different are the axles?  Is it the same axle with different
hubs?  Different drums?  Maybe I don't need to replace the whole
axle?  Maybe just the drums?

So many questions....

Hopefully someone with a dually F-350 knows the answer

;)

Jim/

> Jim,
> I would think that you could simply install factory type duals on
> your existing axle with no trouble at all.
>
> Phil
>
> > Hi Folks!
> >
> >   I have a utility box that I'd like to put on my Ford F-350 in
> > place of the standard 8ft box.  However, it's width is designed
> > for a dually setup.  I.E.  it's wide enough to cover two tires
> > on each side.  I'm looking for opinions from the list...
> >
> > Should I look into a *dually conversion* from someone like the
> > following:
> >
> > http://www.arrowcraft.com/
> >
> > Or just leave the single tires under the huge wheel wells of this
> > utility box.
> >
> > This utility box will give me all the space I need for carrying
> > tools, chains, jacks, extra gas, etc. when hauling tractors.
> >
> > It will *look* better with duallys  ;)
> >
> > Jim/

Jim Hoffman
Oconomowoc WI