[AT] Farmall tractor

Mark Greer greerfam at raex.com
Sat May 1 07:23:33 PDT 2004

My Farmall 140 (which is just an A with new sheet metal and a single point
Fast Hitch) has a stamped steel wheel center on the left side and a cast
iron wheel center on the right. This is to counter balance the offset where
the engine/trans is on the left like a Cub or an A (or a 100 or 130 for that
matter). Is this what you mean by weights? As far as actual wheel weights
go, my tractor has cast iron weights on both wheels which are identical and
most A, B, 100, 130, and 140 tractors have the weights as the tractor
doesn't weigh enough by itself to do much when you need some real traction.
You can stack these weights so if the tractor you mention has a really thick
weight on one side then it may actually have two weights on that wheel. I
have a 2x12 Fast Hitch plow that my 140 won't pull unless I double the
weights on both wheels. I could probably get away with one set of weights if
the tires were loaded.
Mark Greer