[AT] Names that have become generic

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Wed Mar 31 17:20:46 PST 2004

In a message dated 3/31/2004 6:21:31 PM Central Standard Time,
BetCleve321 at aol.com writes:

> A guy calls a Ford Super Dextra a John Deere ... I think there must be a
> compliment/insult in there somewhere ...
> Dudley
> Snohomish, Washington
> It's DEXTA Dudly, not dextra.
> John Deere guys. I just don't know.
>
> Skip

I gotta jump in here.   If Ford had made a live hydraulic pump available on
the Dexta, It would have been one of the best tractors around..    I bought one
from the OK dept of Wildlife.  It would not run, had been sitting about 5
years.  We put new fuel in the tank, flushed out the fuel lines new filters.
Then pulled it about a half of a mile...  It finally started idling.  After
about 10 minutes it would run but had to be pulled to start.  I put a gallon of
Siloo conditioner in the tank and let it idle all night.  It would fire off with
only 1 turn of the starter.  I painted it and it was sold in 1 week...  Wish
I had kep;t it..   Guy just had to keep raising his offer until I could not
refuse..   I was younger and in debt then..  Well, I was younger....

Cecil in OKla