[AT] Names that have become generic

BetCleve321 at aol.com BetCleve321 at aol.com
Wed Mar 31 10:40:26 PST 2004

In a message dated 3/31/2004 12:20:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
DAVIESW739 at aol.com writes:
Dudley you have it correct. Ford product used bendix style starters General
Motors used the solenoid type. One of the first things I learned in my youth
was how to fix bendix style starters. The big spring was always breaking on
these early models.
Around these parts, John Deere has become generic.
I had  a picture of  my blue and white Ford Super Dexta laying out at some
tractor/toy show and some young guy holding his kid said, "look son, there is a
John Deere". I said it says ford on there, he just looked at me and left.

Skip