[AT] Way O.T. Hot spot.

Stuart Harner sharner at starband.net
Mon Mar 29 11:41:02 PST 2004

I was curious about that George.

At first I thought it was a bunch of vehicles that contained scientists that
were doing work that day.  Then looking at the rows of vehicles, and the comment
that they were still "hot", I figured out that they had been parked and
abandoned when the fires were out and they finally evacuated.

I am still unclear if there were bodies in vehicles when the photo was taken or
if it just represented all the people that had been involved in the disaster.

I was curious as to why the hoods were open on so many of those trucks.  Was
something removed as they were parked and abandoned, or were they looted
sometime afterward?

It would be interesting to know more about the science and actual facts about
what happened.  Due to where it happened and the agenda of "reports", it is hard
to discern what really happened from this far away.  I suspect that this gal has
a better understanding of it that I ever will.

I did find it interesting that the plant and animals seem to be doing OK.  At
first I thought that most of the trees and grass was dead, but when I saw all
the snow, I figured the pictures were taken in the spring.

Stuart