[AT] Nice day

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Fri Mar 26 20:24:23 PST 2004

http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomframe.jsp?query=flint+ridge&p
age=1&offset=0&result_url=redir%3Fsrc%3Dwebsearch%26requestId%3
D84182a61b87a21ab%26clickedItemRank%3D1%26userQuery%3Dflint%2Br
idge%26clickedItemURN%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ohiohistory.org%
252Fplaces%252Fflint%252F%26invocationType%3D-%26fromPage%3DNSC
PIndex2%26amp%3BampTest%3D1&remove_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ohiohis
tory.org%2Fplaces%2Fflint%2F

 This is a link to Flint Ridge in Licking County, Ohio. This
site was held sacred by the ancient Indian tribes in the
midwest. This was neutral teritory and was used by all tribes
to quarry their flint.
    There are some local flint knappers who demonstrate their
craft at many of the craft and heritage shows. There is one at
the Centerburg, Ohio Fall Farming Festival in September.
    Very possible that Farmer's flint came from this quarry.
    Sorry, didn't know the link was so long. Hope it works.

                    Gene