[AT] OT Lawn Tractor Mfg/.zero

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 26 19:05:52 PST 2004

Right on Ralph,  Last year I paid over 7k for a commercial 60" with 23 hp.
It was pretty well discounted because July / August is the end of the model
year in this neck of the woods.  That is pretty middle of the road between
the $3500 homeowner model and the top of the line 72" with a 31 hp liquid
cooled engine. They are a great time saver.  I find the limiting factor to
be the roughness of the ground in the open areas.  10-12 mph capability
doesn't help much if your insides want to leave your body at 4 or 5 mph.
Most lawns aren't golf courses here in the North where there is lots of
annual frost, even with spring rolling. I suspect in the future there will
be suspension improvements and perhaps larger tires to improve the ride.
Will that add to cost?  Probably.

Thanks for the warmer air that you are finally letting out of Sask.

Charlie V.