[AT] Unknown Implement

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Fri Mar 26 14:56:29 PST 2004

Yup..good one Rick..I learned the button trick later for some reason.  One
of my most memorable experiences was watching Uncle Joe after a hard day on
the tractor, sit down on the edge of HIS big stuffed chair and listening to
the Friday? night fights.  Sponsored by Gillette.  ("to look sharp, to feel
sharp") something like that.  And then an eternity of listening to him say;
"Can't hurt a (racial slur) but hitting him in the head...hit him in the
guts!"  on and on and on. Gawd I used to howl so hard my belly hurt.
   That was the only time that radio came on that I remember..the battery
was a big as the radio.  Course this was all done after pumpin' up the
kerosene lanterns and getting them lit.
  Whew, that calls for a beer!!!

later,
Rick