[AT] Cockshutt 30

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Fri Mar 26 04:12:42 PST 2004

Well I was joking a bit Ralph.  I don't know about May 7th but I can
remember two very late snow showers.  Both were late enough that the dogwood
trees and azaleas were in full bloom.  One of the days the temps were in the
low 50's when all of a sudden it turned cool and started snowing.  The snow
flakes were big and fluffy and somewhere around here I have a picture of
snow piled half an inch high on dogwood blossoms.  It was all melted away
within a few hours as the temps never did get down to freezing at ground
level.

One old guy I was talking too blamed it on the space shuttle.  There had
been a launch that morning and he swore that every time they launced that
thing it messed up the weather.  grins.  Hey, maybe he was right.  We are
down range of one of the launch paths.

Charlie