[AT] One more dumb question...

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 18:48:36 PST 2004

--- Roger Welsch <captneb at micrord.com> wrote:
> Charlie...  This is what I have on the I-300.  It's
> a tach but with a set of
> scales behind it for each gear to suggest a ground
> speed.  And there is a
> counter like an odometer that counts hours.
>

> Rog, I have only known them as 'Proof' meters.  They
aren't quite the same as an hour meter as an hour
meter  reads total clock hours and a proof meter is
primarily a tachometer with a total run time hour-type
meter.  This is usually calculated to be equal to
clock hours at PTO rpm.  At idle or full speed it will
be off considerably.  This is my understanding of
them.
Dave Myers
Paw Paw, Michigan