[AT] Planting Milo.

Wayne Snelling wsnelling at southplainscollege.edu
Tue Mar 23 13:28:01 PST 2004

Ricky: Use Certified seed as it will produce much more than field run,
even if you could find field run not from a sterile hybrid cross. Down
there "dryland" planting you will not need but about one bag for the
entire 20 acres. Your seed rate will be about 2 lbs /ace and a 50 pound
bag is 20-25 acres.
Re the cultivation: You will need to get a John Deere tractor with a
front end cultivator so you can see what you are covering up as you
cultivate. Just happen to have both the John Deere and the front end
cultivator-in either 4 or 6 row. Now you need to get a JD 4 or 6 row
lister planter to plant with and everything will be perfect. No
lightning affects on any of the above!!!
I'll ask my nephew if he has any leftover Dekalb or Asgrow seed.
Sometimes they have to pay to have it hauled off and disposed because of
the seed treatment, so maybe he has something.

Wayne