SV: [AT] OT Roller!

Dave Merchant nesys_com at ameritech.net
Fri Mar 19 10:46:32 PST 2004

The real answer is probably not "Photoshop", but "Pixar" or "Lightwave" 3D
software.

The 3 roller design is supposed to level better, since a hump makes
one of the rollers lift off the ground, transferring its weight to the high
spot
and flattening it out. Like mounting a grader blade under the center of a
tractor.

ie, the 3 rollers are rigid, not equalized as would be the case with a 3
axle truck.

Almost guaranteed it was a loading accident, steel on steel, slipped off
the side.

BTW, 15-20 years ago, in NASA Tech Brief magazine, NASA announced they
had patented the wheel equalization linkage now used on the Mars Rovers.
However, the design had been used on steam locomotives starting in the
early 1800s!

Dave Merchant

Dave Merchant
kosh at nesys.com