[AT] Vermont Castings Viglant Stove??

Brad Gunnells brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu
Fri Mar 19 06:42:07 PST 2004

Lane, check out their web site  http://www.vermontcastings.com/  this
will give you any information you need. It will give you an idea of the
BTU output and other specifications. They also have an area you can
download a user manual. It should also have a parts breakdown of the
stove. This should help identify if there are any pieces missing.

(After I wrote all this I went to their web site. It's not a current
model so it doesn't show up. But a search got the information.)
http://www.vermontcastings.com/about/support/go_man_qsearch.php?
search_type=contains&model=vigilant&submit=Go

I had a friend give me a Vermont Casints Resolute Acclaim a couple of
years ago. It was was given to him from another friend who must have
forgotten the stove and over-fired it. It had some warped internal
pieces and a small crack. I had a buddy well the crack and put about
$350 worth of parts in it (all readily available) and a fresh coat of
paint. Thanks to this list I stopped at NAPA and got the Dupli-Color hi
temp paint. Came out VERY nice.

I can't tell you how much my wife and I have enjoyed this stove. It's
cut our heat bill down considerably. When it's cold in the dead of
winter I wish it were a bit bigger but otherwise does well in our old 2
story farm house. My wife like the fact she can get the house to 80
degrees inside when it's in the 20-30 range outside. I have  to wear
shorts cause she's baking me out!

Anyway, good luck with it. I don't think you'll be disappointed. I'd
just make sure it's not too much stove for your location. You'll be
wearing shorts around the house too!

Brad