[AT] Crop Dusting

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Wed Mar 17 14:38:12 PST 2004

My uncle hired the crop duster I mentioned earlier to spray his crops one
year.  My aunt watched in horror as the plane swooped down past the trees,
over the field, up just clearing the tree tops, hard bank and back down in
the field.  She remarked that she sure was glad Howard ( my uncle) wasn't in
that plane.  Turns out he was!  He was having the time of his life.  He
particularly liked the part  when the plane came up on a tall dead tree
right in the middle of the field and kind of hopped over it.

I have a friend that is a very accomplished stunt pilot.  He currently owns
and flies 2 of those Soviet built radial engine stunt planes.   Name of the
plane is something like Sokoy or something like that. He is about 50 and I
think is about to hang it up.  He has children and other business
obligations that I guess are getting in the way of his risky lifestyle.

Ron,  somehow I missed your post the first time.  What happened?  Man did
you tear that thing up!  Another guy I know used to crop dust.  He gave it
up after he flipped over on take off and nearly drowned in herbicide.  He
said he never wanted to do anything but crop dust but when he came to in the
hospital he said he was equally sure he never wanted to do it again.

Charlie