[AT] Digging

Dean Vinson vinsond at voyager.net
Tue Mar 16 05:46:22 PST 2004

Robinson wrote:

>     The last 6 months or so has been a real education and an eye opener
> for him. Since they put him in charge of one of the crews he keeps
> talking about how he just doesn't understand why the guys are so bad
> about anticipating the next thing needed on the job. All but one of his
> crew has been there long enough to know what needs to be done next but
> won't do it until they are told.

Every job I've ever had, and now pretty much every day as my kids start
heading into teenage years, I see that same thing.  (I suppose my dad
saw it a time or two with me and my brothers, now that I think of it.)
I can't understand why people don't recognize how much better off they'd
be by taking some real initiative and responsibility.  My 11-year-old is
getting it, but the older ones are still stuck on "minimum effort,
maximum complaining about what they don't get."

Dean Vinson  --  Dayton Ohio
<http://my.voyager.net/~vinsond/>