[AT] Nice photo-farmhouse and mower

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Mon Mar 15 04:21:41 PST 2004

> Regarding old farms, we still have a lot of older farm homes in

this region even from the pre-revolutionary war era. One interesting

area near me is the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation area. This

is about 50 miles of the upper Delaware River on both the NJ and PA

sides of the river.

	This was very interesting to me, Rob.  I have been fascinated
with the Delaware Water Gap area and the lower Delaware River for
quite some time. Back when I had men building the Cable TV system in
one third of the City of Philadelphia and was living in Liberty, NY,
I used to take side roads once in a while on nice days when going down
to check on the job. I almost always took Route 209 (we call it the
Ho Chi Minh Trail) thru the park. Then sometimes I would take Route 611
south from Stroudsburg. And one time when I bought an anvil down that
way, I took Route 32 even further. It was strange to see all that land
with no homes in the Park area and interesting to see the old locks
from the canal system further on down. I hope they never build a dam
and flood that area. As long as they have all the land, it would be
the last chance for a large park and would make a nice place to go
hiking and camping for future generations. I know a lot of people hate
the Park Service in that area for taking land that was once private
but I suppose the deed is done and we should make the best of it. One
good thing they did was stop all commercial truck traffic up Route 209
and eliminate all those damned tractor trailers trying to pass slow
moving cars on old Route 209. Also there are no rigs sitting there
idling all night any more either. Some of the land is still farmed
along the river, I suppose by leasing land from the Park Service.

Cecil

what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson