[AT] Nice photo-farmhouse and mower

Chuck Bealke bealke at airmail.net
Sat Mar 13 11:28:42 PST 2004

Folks,

The comment about the "pretty" horses was spot on.   But at least the gent in the mower seat did have on the proper regulation suspenders, and they did have the regulation number of kids growing up to help with the work.  The house brings back memories of HEAVY wooden ladders. All that bric brac and those darn wooden shutters with moveable louvers to paint. Those would stick, and our damp Missouri weather seemed to rot them in about five years even when the paint looked good on the front.  We used to use a Dutch Boy paint that had lots of lead in it for all that wood. The bedroom curtains in the summer breeze bring back the feel of August "leisure" before air conditioning. Thanks for the neat pics, Guy.

|_____/    \  ~ Chuck Bealke ~ bealke at airmail.net ~
( )       \__/             http://www.plowsong.com