[AT] Was Misc Now valves

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Wed Mar 10 13:39:20 PST 2004

Spencer,

A.  I'm sure you're aware on how important attitude is in a case like this.
"No" is never an acceptable answer, even from a valve.  Finesse will win in
the end.

B.  Electrolysis will give you a nicer piece of old iron to work on, but
can't be expected to work in the tight spaces that are the source of the
trouble.

C.  Heating and cooling cycles often break rust bonds free.

D.  I really don't know anything about vibrators, but the cheap little air
chisels hammer at a high enough frequency to help draw a penetrant in where
it's needed if the vibration is applied as the parts are cooling.  I'm
partial to melted paraffin from a candle as someone else suggested earlier.

E.  Is the Image Depot ready to accept new photos?

F.  Thanks again for Your efforts.  Can we be forgiven for using the short
name, ATIS?

George Willer